Sunday, April 26, 2020

CTC #268 - CASE The Colours of Ornate Garden Suite

Welcome to another week at CASEing the Catty Sunday Blog Hop, where utilise the projects within the current Stampin' Up! catalogue to inspire our own projects each week. We also invite you to join with us in the challenge each week by using this inspiration in your own creations and uploading a photo to our Facebook page.

I was inspired by the colours in the new Ornate Garden Suite.

As with most colour based challenges I start by putting out on my desk ink pads for all the colours involved and see if it sparks an idea. I decided to make it easier for you and replicate the colours here.

This set of colours immediately made me think of leaves across the seasons, from the green of spring to the oranges of autumn and I reached for my Rooted in Nature stamp set.  I just built up layers of the leaves using full strength and stamped off leaves going from Mint Macaron to Terracotta Tile.  I love how this turned out, even better than I had imagined!  

I knew i wanted to use a fussy cut sentiment rather than one on a banner. Now one thing I struggle with is fussy cutting around sentiments, I never seem to get the distancing right.  Then I noticed the red rubber left over from the stamps and knew it would be perfect!


First I stamped the sentiment, then lay the rubber over it so it was centred, then used a pencil to trace around the rubber. I took this picture with the sentiment on my scratch paper and you can see all my stamped off leaves ... I think they even look good here!

To finish off I trimmed the sentiment using the pencil line as a guide!  How easy is that? You can expect to see a lot more fussy cut sentiments from me in the future.

I hope you are inspired to join in the challenge this week, just use the colours of the Ornate Garden DSP to inspire your creativity, then post a picture of your project to the CTC Facebook page.

Time to hop on over and see what Julia has created this week.

Happy Stamping
Monique

6 comments:

  1. Those leaves are so pretty Monique

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the leaves. This is STUNNING!! What a brilliant way to use these colours.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great tip about cutting out the sentiment!! I love how the leaves are blended on your card. what a great colour combo!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card, I love how all these colours work so well. And your sentiment cutting tip has changed my world! I have never been able to get this right and looking like everyone else's - so thank you! thank you! thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are so right about the leaves and the colours - a perfect combination! Grea tip for the sentiment too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the rainbow-like background of leaves. Thanks for the tip as I always struggle fussy cutting too.

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments, thanks for taking the time to write them.