Sunday, October 11, 2020

CTC #289 - CASE A Halloween Project

Welcome to another week at CASEing the Catty Sunday Blog Hop, where utilise the projects within the current Stampin' Up! catalogue to inspire our own projects each week. We also invite you to join with us in the challenge each week by using this inspiration in your own creations and uploading a photo to our Facebook page.

This week we are taking our inspiration from the Halloween projects in the mini catalogue. I was actually inspired by the above image that we are using for our badge for this challenge, as soon as I saw it I wanted to re-create it. I think it helped that I have been cleansing my craft space and found a frame that I thought would be perfect. 

Instead of a Halloween project which would not get much use, I decided to use Boho Indigo DSP for the basis of this project, it went so well with the distressed frame. I wanted to replicate the general layout of the panels in the original project so went hunting for elements in my stash that would allow me to do this.  I think all of them are current except the sentiment on the top left panel, but as this was for my new craft space I am sure you can forgive me. It is a bit hard to see in this image but the bottom left panel I used the tall tree from Rooted in Nature embossed using clear embossing powder.

You can see it better in this photograph.  Very soon I will be moving out of my existing craft space and into the spare room to allow our daughter and her fiancĂ© to move into what is now our craft/computer/lounge room and make it their little apartment while they save for a home of their own. This new frame will hang above my desk and I love that it has a couple of very relevant sentiments that should help keep me on track.

I hope you are inspired to join in the challenge this week, just use the Halloween samples to inspire your creativity, then post a picture of your project to the CTC Facebook page.

Time to hop on over and see what Shannon has created this week.

Happy Stamping
Monique

8 comments:

  1. What a great frame! It will be perfect for a new craft room.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh this is so lovely!! What a wonderfully rewarding project that is just gorgeous! And good luck with organising the new crafting space!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lovely decor piece for your new craft space, Monique. Definitely great sentiments to have close by.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous Monique!! Such an inspiring piece if artwork

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a pretty frame that you will be able to gaze upon as your craft, especially as you are helping out your daughter by moving spaces. Wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a perfect piece to go into your new craft space. Stunning frame.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great project, the perfect addition for your new craft room.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love those blues for your decor piece.

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments, thanks for taking the time to write them.