Sunday, October 25, 2020

CTC #291 - CASE a Mini Catalogue Bundle Project

Welcome to another week at CASEing the Catty Sunday Blog Hop, where utilise the projects within the current Stampin' Up! catalogue to inspire our own projects each week. We also invite you to join with us in the challenge each week by using this inspiration in your own creations and uploading a photo to our Facebook page.

This week we are taking our inspiration from the bundle projects on pages 71 to 75 of the Mini Catalogue. 

I was inspired by this image from page 75, I liked the simplicity of it.  If you have visited my blog much, especially around Christmas time, you will know that I like to create cards that are relatively simple and easy to make but still look great.  The simplicity of using a DSP background with a simply stamped sentiment meets this perfectly.  I did end up doing a little fussy cutting, to better match the sketch, but it would have looked great without these. 

My Project for this challenge uses one of my faviourite Christmas DSP packs for some time, I love how lush this looks with the copper foiling and it was this paper that made me fall in love with Pretty Peacock as a colour.  I decided to make this card even easier by punching out the sentiment rather than having to line it up or die cut. The sentiment is from Christmas Gleaming set, and with this one I actually took my scissors to the rubber and cut off the & at the start of the sentiment!  I don't do this often, but in this case it has made it far more versatile, and I can still line up the rubber on the block if I want to use it as intended in the future. 

I hope you are inspired to join in the challenge this week, just use the projects in the bundles section of the Mini Catalogue, pages 71 to 75, to inspire your creativity, then post a picture of your project to the CTC Facebook page.

Time to hop on over and see what Lauren has created this week.

Happy Stamping
Monique

3 comments:

  1. Brilliant way to showcase this stunning paper. Love the fussy cut ornaments!! And great tip about using the stamp without the extra &!! Wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A great way to showcase the DSP. Simple is great, particularly when you need to make lots of Christmas cards.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This DSP is perfect for casing this card! I love it!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments, thanks for taking the time to write them.