Sunday, April 18, 2021

CTC #314 - Favourite Retiring Punch

Welcome to another week at CASEing the Catty Sunday Blog Hop, where utilise the projects within the current Stampin' Up! catalogue to inspire our own projects each week. We also invite you to join with us in the challenge each week by using this inspiration in your own creations and uploading a photo to our Facebook page.

This week we are taking our inspiration from retiring punches, which one will you miss the most?

I love the Scalloped Tag Topper punch and are going to miss this one a lot. While the above project, from page 126 of the annual catalogue, doesn't use the Scalloped Tag Topper it reminded me of one of the things I love about this punch. I love using it to make a belly band for a card or 3D project so I decided to do that for my project this week. 

I am really going to miss the Forever Greenery DSP when it retires at the end of the current catalogue, it is perfect for this card. I love the images and colours, so beautiful, and this design of card really lets the DSP shine. The little tag is also retiring as is the sentiment stamped in Old Olive and Pretty Peacock to coordinate with the DSP. 

When I was choosing a paper for the belly band I liked the lined paper above but wanted it to be closer to Old Olive than Soft Seafoam. Easy fix with my Blending Brushes, I just built up colour until I was happy with it. Have I mentioned how much I love these brushes? I have one for each major colour groupings and it makes it so easy to add some additional colour to a project. 

I hope you are inspired to join in the challenge this week, just use the retired punches to inspire your creativity, then post a picture of your project to the CTC Facebook page.

Time to hop on over and see what Judy has created this week.

Happy Stamping
Monique

5 comments:

  1. I've never actually seen this punched used on a belly band, but I love it! What a great idea. The greenery DSP looks amazing, and it's another great idea to colour the sheet a little darker with your brushes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous card, Monique. Such a great way to to use the tag topper punch to add something special to a card.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Clever idea adding the colours to the paper with the blending brush!! Love your luxurious card = all the colours are glorious.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card. I love how you’ve used the scalloped tag topper punch on your card. It looks amazing! And the colour you added with the blending brushes is perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  5. How amazing does that belly band look!! So stunning!!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments, thanks for taking the time to write them.