Sunday, April 25, 2021

CTC #315 - Favourite Retiring Kit

Welcome to another week at CASEing the Catty Sunday Blog Hop, where utilise the projects within the current Stampin' Up! catalogue to inspire our own projects each week. We also invite you to join with us in the challenge each week by using this inspiration in your own creations and uploading a photo to our Facebook page.

This week we are taking our inspiration from the retiring kits in the Annual and Mini Catalogues.  I do love kits and there was one that really caught my eye as soon as I opened the annual catalogue almost a year ago, and that is the Boho Indigo Product Medley so I knew I had to take my inspiration from that for this challenge. 

I was inspired by this image from page 6 of the Annual catalogue. I like to have a really close look at the projects in the catalogue on  my computer screen so they are really quite large as I find that I notice details that I might otherwise miss.  It was certainly true for this card when I realised that the background DSP is actually made up of pieces from many of the sheets in this pack, and not just a single pattern!

I do apologise for the photography on this card, I think I left it a bit late in the day and the sunlight was quite yellow.  I still think it sows off the different patterns of DSP quite well, I also used some of the die cut shapes and the ribbon that was part of the Medley as well as cutting some of my own using the coordinating dies.  The cute little felt flowers make such a nice addition to this project, and I couldn't help adding a few of the Gold Glitter Enamel Dots which are also retiring and I am going to miss them so much.

I hope you are inspired to join in the challenge this week, just use the samples from the kits in either catalogue to inspire your creativity, then post a picture of your project to the CTC Facebook page.

Time to hop on over and see what Julia has created this week.

Happy Stamping
Monique

4 comments:

  1. Oh this is just gorgeous!! I love love love this card! ANd thankyou for showing this amazing detail!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great CASE Monique. A lot of work involved in piecing the background DSP but it gives it a lot of interest. The flowers and bling round it off nicely.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a pretty card. Isn't that DSP lovely

    ReplyDelete
  4. You've got a good eye for detail! I hadn't noticed that the background was heaps of different papers. Your CASE is fabulous.

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments, thanks for taking the time to write them.