Sunday, August 8, 2021

CTC #330 - CASE the Sale-A-Bration Catalogue

Welcome to another week at CASEing the Catty Sunday Blog Hop, where utilise the projects within the current Stampin' Up! catalogue to inspire our own projects each week. We also invite you to join with us in the challenge each week by using this inspiration in your own creations and uploading a photo to our Facebook page.

This week we are taking our inspiration from the new Sale-A-Bration catalogue which went live on 3 August and will be current until the end of September while stocks last.  During Sale-A-Bration you can earn the products in this catalogue with either a $90 or $180 order, depending on whether it is a level 1 or level 2 reward. 
 
I was inspired by this image from page 5 of the SAB catalogue.  I think it was the idea of making a 3D project which I haven't done for a while. 

I kept the elements of the project quite similar, with a DSP background and a flag and tag combo. But I did change up the theme and colour scheme so it wasn't a Christmas project, but more summery given the cold cloudy day we had here in Canberra.   I did use SAB Beautifully Penned DSP, adding Granny Apple Green to the base layer and Pale Papaya to the flag. I love how easily these sheets of paper can be coloured to coordinate with any project.  I used Colour and Contour for the flower and leaves and Art Gallery for the sentiment.

You can see from this angle that the project is a cute little bag made from one of our C6 envelopes, I just stuck the envelope closed and then cut off one end at 6" and scored 1/2" on each of the other sides, then folded over the little pieces at the bottom and adhered them in place.   The scalloped edge on the tag was made with one of the frame dies from the Scalloped Contours dies that bundle with Colour and Contours stamp set that I used for the flower and leaves.   I coloured my ribbon with Stampin' Blends to coordinate with the project and topped off with a small gold clip.
  
I hope you are inspired to join in the challenge this week, just use any of the samples in the new Annual Catalogue to inspire your creativity, then post a picture of your project to the CTC Facebook page.

Time to hop on over and see what Julia has created this week.

Happy Stamping
Monique

4 comments:

  1. How lovely! It's good to see that DSP with a bit of colour. It's a great base for your clever gift bag.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the coloured paper - the green on it looks fabulous. And the colours you've chosen for the whole project are really wonderful. Stunning CASE.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your sweet gift bag, Monique and the colour you've added to the Beautifully Penned DSP looks fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  4. How clever making the little bag out of an envelope! Great elements and the clip is perfect to hold it together.

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments, thanks for taking the time to write them.