Sunday, July 17, 2022

CTC #378 - CASE Love, Thanks & Support

Welcome to another week at CASEing the Catty Sunday Blog Hop, where utilise the projects within the current Stampin' Up! catalogue to inspire our own projects each week. We also invite you to join with us in the challenge each week by using this inspiration in your own creations and uploading a photo to our Facebook page.

This week we are taking our inspiration from any of the projects in the Love, Thanks & Support section of the Annual Catalogue. You can find these on pages 56 to 77. 

I was inspired by this image from page 61, the BIG sentiment caught my eye and I thought it would be a fun sketch to base my card on.


Here is the card I ended up making, which I say because this started out as a Soft Seafoam card and somehow transformed to the monochrome palette using Rich Razzleberry and Fresh Freesia!  I haven't been 100% in recent weeks and struggling a bit to find my creative mojo, so it was great to be able to connect with my creativity in the process of making this card. The sentiment is from Biggest Wishes, and the flowers created using stamps and dies from the Textured Chic Bundle. 

Here is a close up of the lovely DSP (Splendid Day) using both the foiled and un-foiled side of the same piece that I have stamped the sentiment directly onto. You can see on the edge I have also added some extra colour with my Blending Brushes to create a stronger contrast. You can also see the two flowers in better detail, the top one done with the 2-step stamping, and the second one cut from vellum and cardstock using the coordinating dies. I love how this gives a more subtle flower for the back to let the front one be the focus. 

I hope you are inspired to join in the challenge this week, just use any of the samples in the new Annual Catalogue to inspire your creativity, then post a picture of your project to the CTC Facebook page.

Time to hop on over and see what Judy has created this week.

Happy Stamping
Monique

4 comments:

  1. Isn't it funny where the muse takes us sometimes? Your card is delightful - the purples were a great choice, and I love the hints of foil. I hope you're feeling better soon x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stunning cards, love the big words

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very pretty! I love how you used the Biggest Wish stamps & added the flowers. I always struggle with the large stamp sets. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh this is the perfect colour combo! I love this card. Love the stamped flowers on the background to tie in with the flower elements. Hope you are feeling better.

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments, thanks for taking the time to write them.