Sunday, July 24, 2022

CTC #379 - CASE The SAB Catalogue

Welcome to another week at CASEing the Catty Sunday Blog Hop, where utilise the projects within the current Stampin' Up! catalogue to inspire our own projects each week. We also invite you to join with us in the challenge each week by using this inspiration in your own creations and uploading a photo to our Facebook page.

This week we are taking our inspiration from the Sale-A-Bration catalogue.

I was inspired by this image from the page 8/9 spread showcasing the free Pool Party and Soft Seafoam Cards & Envelopes. These are just beautiful and coordinate beautifully with the Splendid Day Suite. 

I decided to make a Christmas themed card using the SAB free cards and envelopes pack. To adjust the colours a little to coordinate with the Boughs of Holly DSP I added some extra layers of colour using Old Olive, Mossy Meadow and Shaded Spruce.  Overall though this card didn't come out as well as I had hoped, and I couldn't really work out why. I think it was a few things, and while it isn't a bad card, it could have been better. 

I slept on it and decided to remake it with a white background and use stamped poinsettias instead of the one cut from the DSP.  I also used the green toned sheets of the DSP to make the strips on the background be a feature without overtaking the card. This allows the poinsettias to pop a bit more in contrast. I did think about adding some red rhinestones but decided to hold back!

I added some small poinsettias cut from the gorgeous Glimmer Specialty DSP, and you can see here a peeking piece of Satin Edged Ribbon that I coloured with my Mossy Meadow Stampin' Blends so it coordinated with the card a little bit better. 

I hope you are inspired to join in the challenge this week, just use any of the samples in the new Annual Catalogue to inspire your creativity, then post a picture of your project to the CTC Facebook page.

Time to hop on over and see what Tina has created this week.

Happy Stamping
Monique

5 comments:

  1. I like both of your cards! The pops of red on the first look fabulous, and you've used the green DSP papers so effectively on the second.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those cards are just perfect Monique, love your creations.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Rachel Palmieri8:30 PM, July 24, 2022

    So that was me, anonymous! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really like the white card. The red and gold really pop against the white and the green strips keep it all toned down nicely.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well, I think both cards are glorious!! Love the coloured ribbon. Love the glimmer die cut flowers, Love the fussy cut flowers, love the way you made your first card extra green, love them both - and what a brilliant way to use scraps of paper!! Love your case.

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments, thanks for taking the time to write them.