Sunday, February 26, 2023

CTC #408 - CASE a Mini Bundle

Welcome to another week at CASEing the Catty Sunday Blog Hop, where utilise the projects within the current Stampin' Up! catalogue to inspire our own projects each week. We also invite you to join with us in the challenge each week by using this inspiration in your own creations and uploading a photo to our Facebook page.

This week we are taking inspiration from the section of the Mini Catalogue that has all of the bundles. These can be found on pages 76 to 83.

I was inspired by this card from page 77 which features the Conversation Bubbles Bundle. What caught my eye with this was the layout of shapes cut in different colours and sizes and the way they have been layered. 

I decided my stitched rectangles would give me the best look, although other Dies such as the Deckled Rectangles would also work well.  I chose Favoured Flowers DSP for the background. I like that the side of the DSP that doesn't have flowers has muted patterns on them.  To coordinate with the DSP I chose Mossy Meadow, Evening Evergreen, and for a lighter option Pool Party.  I decided against adding a ribbon to the card, and kept the embellishments to the little brass butterflies.

One thing I did to add more interest to the card was to use a different technique for adding a leaf pattern to each of the green layers, using a Die, Embossing Folder and Stamping in Craft White on them.  I am really happy with how these turned out and add that subtle pattern to the layers while keeping with the leafy theme. 

I hope you are inspired to join in the challenge this week, just use any of the samples using the bundles in the mini catalogue to inspire your creativity, then post a picture of your project to the CTC Facebook page.

Time to hop on over and see what Tina has created this week.

Happy Stamping
Monique

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments, thanks for taking the time to write them.