Sunday, February 12, 2023

CTC #406 - CASE A Love or Valentine Project

Welcome to another week at CASEing the Catty Sunday Blog Hop, where utilise the projects within the current Stampin' Up! catalogue to inspire our own projects each week. We also invite you to join with us in the challenge each week by using this inspiration in your own creations and uploading a photo to our Facebook page.

This week we are taking inspiration from any of the projects in either catalogue that has a Love or Valentine theme. There are quite a lot scattered through the catalogues so you have lots to inspire you, maybe to give to a special someone on 14 February.

It has been a while since I created a 3D project and was inspired by this cute little treat bag on page 40 of the Mini Catalogue. I believe this project uses the Peekaboo Treat Bags, however as I don't have any of those it was an extra challenge to create something similar. 

Here is my finished project. I have filled the treat bag with honey cashews, one of my husband's favourites and while these are more feminine colours I think he will like this on Valentine's Day.  Now to share how I created my version.

I used one of Stampin' Up!'s Cello Treat Bags, I used an older smaller version than the one in the catalogue, but the idea would still work with a bigger bag, and a bigger bag means more treats!  Or bulkier treats, I did try to put Roses Chocolates in mine but it was a bit small.  I cut a piece of Basic White cardstock the width of the bag and about 3/4" shorter than the length of the bag.  This allowed me to fold over the top of the bag which I then hold in place with a wide belly band. 

Here's a picture with the bellyband completely removed. I added one of the flowers to this band so that when it was in place it visually ties the two pieces together. You can more easily see in this image that I used some of the Brushed Brass Butterflies to the sentiment panel and the cello bag.

I hope you are inspired to join in the challenge this week, just use any of the Love or Valentine themed projects to inspire your creativity, then post a picture of your project to the CTC Facebook page.

Time to hop on over and see what Judy created this week.

Happy Stamping
Monique

4 comments:

  1. mmmmm, honey cashews! Yum! Your treat bag is wonderful, and I'm sure will be loved by your hubby.

    ReplyDelete
  2. totally YUM - the cashews AND the gorgeous gift bag - love love love.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wouldn’t have guessed you didn’t have the treat bags if you didn’t say anything. What a great idea to use the cello bags to create your own. Love how you decorated the bag too

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous treat package, Monique with a humble cello bag! So pretty.

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments, thanks for taking the time to write them.