Sunday, January 29, 2023

CTC #404 - CASE Mini Catalogue: Country Floral Lane

Welcome to another week at CASEing the Catty Sunday Blog Hop, where utilise the projects within the current Stampin' Up! catalogues to inspire our own projects each week. We also invite you to join with us in the challenge each week by using this inspiration in your own creations and uploading a photo to our Facebook page.

This week we are taking inspiration from the projects in the Country Floral Lane Suite, pages 8-11 of the mini catalogue.

I was inspired by this card from page 10 of the mini catalogue, I liked the layers and use of DSP in this project. 

I don't have any of the products from this suite, and decided to have a break from using the SAB DSP that I've used on my past few cards. I went looking through my DSP stash and realised I hadn't used Sun Prints very much and thought it would be perfect to create a monochromatic version of the original card.  Instead of using the ribbon in the same way I created little folds all along the sentiment strip to give just a hint of the ribbon.
I used a little trick to add dimension to a card with multiple layers.  I wanted to use Dimensionals under these florals, but to do so would have made the card quite bulky under the sentiment and ribbon.  The trick is to use the Dimensionals only at the top of the piece where there are fewer layers, and Tombow on the stems that are tucked under the sentiment.  This gives the illusion that the whole piece is raised. 

I hope you are inspired to join in the challenge this week, just use any of the samples from the Country Floral Lane suite to inspire your creativity, then post a picture of your project to the CTC Facebook page.

Time to hop on over and see what Rebecca has created this week.

Happy Stamping
Monique

2 comments:

  1. Wow - this is fabulous!! Love the way you've been inspired by this card.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fabulous card! The DSP was a great choice, and I adore the ribbon under the sentiment.

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments, thanks for taking the time to write them.