Sunday, October 15, 2023

CTC #441 - CASE an Annual Catalogue Project & Give It A Christmas Twist

Welcome to another week at CASEing the Catty Sunday Blog Hop, where utilise the projects within the current Stampin' Up! catalogue to inspire our own projects each week. We also invite you to join with us in the challenge each week by using this inspiration in your own creations and uploading a photo to our Facebook page.

This week we are taking inspiration from any of the projects in the Annual Catalogue, then creating a CASE giving it a Festive Twist. 

I was inspired by these cards from page 32 of the Annual Catalogue. I was drawn to the bright colours and the loved the progression from simple to very stepped up versions. 

I wanted to try the layout and colours of the original cards, but gave it a Christmas Twist. I found it really hard to keep this card simple, just stamping and a couple of embellishments. So I decided to make a second card stepping it up a little like the original samples. 

I used the same stamp set, Joy To You, I love its big bold sentiments.  The sentiments on both cards are stamped with Moody Mauve on the top and Blackberry Bliss on the lower half.  I added these two colours with Embossing Paste, with a touch of Dazzling Diamonds for some extra sparkle, and added it using an ombre effect on the card base.  I coloured a couple of Textured Elements with Stampin' Write Markers; did you realise that these are currently available as On-Line Exclusives? 

This isn't a great photo, but it does show the sparkle that a little bit of Dazzling Diamonds gives to the background paste, and Wink of Stella on the Textured Elements. 

I hope you are inspired to join in the challenge this week, just use an Annual Catalogue to inspire your Festive project, then post a picture of it to the CTC Facebook page.

Time to hop on over and see what Judy has created this week.

Happy Stamping
Monique

1 comment:

I love reading your comments, thanks for taking the time to write them.