Wednesday, October 4, 2023

Let's Craft Together Blog Hop - Colour Challenge


Welcome to the monthly Blog Hop by Let’s Craft Together and thank you for joining us. We are a group of multi-cultural Stampin’ Up!® demonstrators in Australia who have developed a strong friendship though our love of stamping and our admiration of each other’s style of crafting.

Each month one of us sets a challenge that we use for the blog hop. This month’s is a Colour Challenge created by Michele Jutrisa using some of her favourite colours: Boho Blue, Parakeet Party, Berry Burst, Fresh Freesia and Lemon Lolly.  The challenge is to use at least three of these in a creative project. You might like to have a go at it yourself. If so, we would all love to see your creation.

I decided to challenge myself to use all five of the colours. With any colour challenge I get out my ink pads or card samples and start to move them around to see how they look together.  This combination of colours made me think of flowers, leaves and a clear spring sky.  To incorporate three colours into the flowers I used my blending brushes to add the colours in bands onto my stamp, I started with Lemon Lolly on the outer edge, then Berry Burst on the lower edge/centre of the flower; and finally I added Fresh Freesia to the space between the two, overlapping it a little.  I then darkened up the centre of the flowers by tapping my Berry Burst Blending Brush onto that part of the stamped image. I love how this turned out.  The background is created using a mask and embossing paste coloured with Boho Blue ink.  I think this gives the impression of looking through a lattice fence.  

I brought the masking into the inside of the card, but this time just with the Blending Brush, using less pressure as I moved away from the corner.  To balance this I added a couple of the stamped leaves in the bottom right.

I am so pleased with how this card turned out, it was a request from my daughter who wanted a special thank you card to give to Jo, her student midwife, who has supported her through her pregnancy and birth of her first child.  Jo has been amazing and I was happy to make this card for her. 

Time to hop on over to the next blog, just follow the link below. 

Happy Stamping
Monique

9 comments:

  1. I love the embossing paste background and the multi toned images. This is one of my favourite stamp set bundles and it looks gorgeous in these colours. I am sure your daughters midwife will treasure this card. Beautiful. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a clever idea to use different colours in the flowers. I love the final effect

    ReplyDelete
  3. So soft and pretty, lovely card

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely card grandma. Beautiful blending and I particularly like the way you have created the lattice effect. Hope Jo likes it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. so so so pretty! The translucent flowers just glow with the amazing colour treatment you gave it! Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The embossing paste texture is a great modern twist on the floral card. love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really must get some of the masks! Looks so effective - great card

    ReplyDelete
  8. I really must get me some masks to use! This looks great on your card.

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments, thanks for taking the time to write them.