Sunday, February 18, 2024

CTC #457 - CASE A Project Featuring Dies

Welcome to another week at CASEing the Catty Sunday Blog Hop, where utilise the projects within the current Stampin' Up! catalogue to inspire our own projects each week. We also invite you to join with us in the challenge each week by using this inspiration in your own creations and uploading a photo to our Facebook page.

This week we are taking inspiration from projects that feature dies, and you can choose them from any of the current catalogues, Annual Catalogue, Mini Catalogue and Sale-A-Bration Catalogue. 

I was inspired initially by the card on the right from page 17 of the SAB Catalogue. However the more I thought about it the more I liked features of the card on the left as well, so decided aspects from both of the cards and meld them to create my own version. I just love the tree trunk and leaf dies from the card on the left, and couldn't resist the vines and sloths from the card on the right and it grew from there. 

One of the great things about the tree trunk die is that it doesn't have a correct up and down which means you can flip it "upside down" without making it look weird; this let me  add one to each side of the card, more in keeping with the card on the right. I enhanced the groove marks in the trees with Blending Brushes and Stampin' Write Markers to give more depth.  The backing DSP comes from Stargazing DSP pack, who would have thought an outer space DSP would work for a jungle card! I coloured the sloths with my Stampin' Blends, I coloured all over with one colour and then coloured over it with another (pale over dark, then dark over pale) and it gave this lovely mottled look which I think suits these cute sloths perfectly.

I hope you are inspired to join in the challenge this week, just use projects that feature dies from any catalogue to inspire your creativity, then post a picture of your project to the CTC Facebook page.

Time to hop on over and see what Julia has created this week.

Happy Stamping
Monique

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments, thanks for taking the time to write them.