Monday, March 4, 2024

Let's Craft Together Blog Hop - Colour Challenge

Welcome to the monthly Blog Hop by Let’s Craft Together and thank you for joining us. We are a group of multi-cultural Stampin’ Up!® demonstrators in Australia who have developed a strong friendship though our love of stamping and our admiration of each other’s style of crafting.

The challenge this month is a colour challenge chosen by myself!  I just loved this inspiration image with the dark background and the pop of bright colours.  I think the Stampin' Up! colours that best represent this image are Pumpkin Pie, Granny Apple Green, Pretty Peacock, and Basic Black.  You can of course add Basic White. 

Whenever I have a challenge with greens in it I always think of plants or flowers, depending on the other colours.  While the inspiration image is quite dark, I wanted to lighten the look of my card and so focused heavily on the Crushed Curry for the solid part of the flowers and tiny dots around the bunch, and just used the Pumpkin Pie for the line stamp that is part of this set's two step stamping.  I did a similar thing with the leaves, Pretty Peacock on the lines and Granny Apple Green on the fill in.  I thought the checked ribbon added a grounding element to the bunch of flowers. 


Inside the card I used some of the DSP from the front, from Fresh As A Daisy, and some additional stamping.  I hope you enjoyed visiting my blog, time to use the link below to follow the hop to the next blog. 


Happy Stamping
Monique

7 comments:

  1. Very pretty - I like this combination.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Monique thank you for a truly beautiful inspirational picture. Love your card design, I definitely need some more floral sets in my stash!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loved this challenge, thanks Monique. Love your card too, especially the subtle way you paired the Pretty Peacock with the Granny Apple Green and the Pumpkin Pie with the Crushed Curry.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for this challenge, I really enjoyed it. Love your card

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your two step stamping is brilliantly precise!! What a gorgeous card

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments, thanks for taking the time to write them.