Tuesday, June 4, 2024

Let's Craft Together - Tic Tac Toe Challenge

Welcome to the monthly Blog Hop by Let’s Craft Together and thank you for joining us. We are a group of multi-cultural Stampin’ Up!® demonstrators in Australia who have developed a strong friendship though our love of stamping and our admiration of each other’s style of crafting.

This month we have a Tic Tac Toe challenge.  Using the above grid choose three squares that line up in a row, column or diagonal and use those techniques in your project. For these types of challenges I usually gravitate toward three options that are not lined up in a row, and it was initially the same for this one, but I soon decided on the middle row.  So I have chosen - Die Cut Shape + Favourite Stamp Set + Technique.

I often find it hard to pick a favourite stamp set because I usually love all of the ones I buy, but I was saying just the other night that I am really loving the simplicity of the Poised Peony set. Its easy to miss as it is right in the front of the catalogue on page 28 and is part of the Quick & Easy section.  Another set from the same section is Simply Said as it has a great selection of common sentiments in cursive and type printed fonts, I love the size of these sentiments.  The technique I am showcasing is water colouring, something I haven't done for quite some time, but I was recently reminded of how relaxing it can be and its a great way to colour an image.   I also used water colouring to add colours to the piece I die cut as a background for the flowers.  I don't usually go for such vibrant colours, but while I was on a roll I layered these on a piece of DSP from Unbounded Beauty DSP.

Time to follow the link below to hop to the next blog. 

Happy Stamping
Monique

6 comments:

  1. love the vibrant colours and the blending in the watercolouring.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The water colouring looks lovely. This is such a happy card!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card Monique! Very pretty

    ReplyDelete
  4. A beautiful card Monique. Your water colouring on the circle looks awesome and I love the colours you have chosen.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a colourful and pretty card!! Julia

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments, thanks for taking the time to write them.