Monday, November 15, 2010

SS Inspired Part 1

In my last post I got to show off some of the lovely things my Secret Sister had made for my October present, and mentioned how the colours had inspired me.  I made up a sheet of A4 Very Vanilla stamped with the Extreme Elements stamps and have used that on the project that I will post over the next few days.  I love making my own DSP, that way it matches the project I am doing perfectly both in colours and in content.  I do love the wonderful range from Stampin' Up! also and they can be easily combined with home made DSP as well, SS did it beautifully in her last gift to me! 

 Now onto the card.  On 1st December there is a new Mini Catalogue coming out and as a demonstrator we get a sneak peek and a chance to order some of the sets.  I have used one of them on this project, Grunge Rock.  Its a set of 6 stamps that include the Guitar, Sentiment and the Diamond shapes stamped on the base card.  I have also used the Music Notes wheel to go with the guitar.

 As you can see here the Diamonds have been stamped in Soft Suede onto Soft Suede cardstock, I used a stamping off technique so they were not too dark.  I stamped the sentiment onto Baja Breeze and then spritzed it with White Shimmer Paint (from my SS) mixed with isocol alcohol.  You can just make you the shimmer it gives.  I used some of the Victoria 5/8" Crochet Trim that is also featured in the new Mini Catalogue, this is a great addition to the already wonderful ribbon collection Stampin' Up! have on offer this year.  It adds to the vintage feel of the card I think.  I chose to use it like this as I wanted to frame the sentiment but didn't want to use more cardstock, and this fit perfectly.

This is a close up of the guitar, and you might just be able to see the shimmer paint I added to it to give it a nice subtle sparkel.  I love the swirls on the guitar, not easily seen on this card, but stay tuned, I will post another one soon that I have embossed with gold and you can really see the detail.  Click on the image for a bigger picture and you can see the shimmer more easily.

Great card for a teenage girl I think, I know my teen daughter loves it!

1 comment:

  1. very pretty, Thanks for checking out my blog, and I'm here checking out yours.
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments, thanks for taking the time to write them.