Thursday, April 4, 2013

Easter Gifts - Part 2

When our daughter was younger we used to do Easter egg hunts around the house,  however she is now a bit older, and we also now own two cats who I am sure would do the egg hunting for us given half the chance. My husband, newly diagnosed with bad cataracts, also thought that an egg hunt would have him at a severe disadvantage! So now I make little Easter baskets for putting the hunting eggs in.

This year I made each of us a little basket using the Fancy Favour die, trimmed to 6cm tall.  I just love Everybunny so had to use that stamp set, and chose the little girl bunny for our daughter, my mother and myself, and the little boy bunny for my father and husband.

Here you can see the side of the boxes.  To make these is very easy and while I don't have photos to show you of the steps I can tell you exactly how they were made.

  • Trim a Fancy Favour box to be 6cm tall (not counting the bottom flaps)
  • Cut a piece of DSP 3" x 12"  
  • Score the DSP at 4 7/8"  and again at 7 1/8"
  • Before adhering to the Fancy Favour box hold the two ends together and punch out the 'handle' using the Large Oval Punch. I found by positioning a piece of punched out Post-It note I was able to have the handles exactly where I wanted them.
  • Then simply adhere the DSP around the box (I used Tombow glue), fill with Easter eggs, and tie the handles with ribbon. 

I realised as I wrote this that I have combined metric and imperial measurements - something I do quite regularly with projects lol.  For those who like the inches - the Fancy Favour is trimmed at 2 3/8".

Happy Stamping

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments, thanks for taking the time to write them.