In the mood for more creating I went searching for a sketch and colour challenge and found the Hand Stamped Sentiments sketch and Stampin' Royalty sketch challenge. I liked both of these and thought it would have been easy to do the sketch with a traditional doily and in vintage colours, the challenge came to do the sketch in the bright colours instead.
I wasn't really sure about the card when I was finished, and eventually made some changes. The original had no stamping on the So Saffron or the two flower banners, and the base was just So Saffron. After consulting with hubby who said it was busy in the centre but the rest was too plain, I took the front off the card and used VersaMark ink to stamp flowers across the background and the flags and then trimmed the background to mount it on Strawberry Slush card base to tie in the layers. I was very pleased with the amended result. It is a bit hard to tell but the two flowers are stamped and embossed in white then punched, the bottom of each banner is punched also with the flower sitting above the punch image on a dimensional - not sure if that makes sense, so click on the image for a closer look :)
The colours haven't turned out so well in the photo, I don't have a spot for my light box in my new craft space so just took it under my natural light desk lamp.