Wednesday, November 28, 2018

CI #46 - Bold and Bright

Welcome to another Colour INKspiration challenge, this one will run for three weeks, so you have time to be inspired by the gorgeous image and the Stampin' Up! colours we have matched to it.

This beautiful image has the colours: Blueberry Bushel, Balmy Blue, Lovely Lipstick, Gorgeous Grape, and Granny Apple Green. As usual you can also add any of the basic colours (black, white and vanilla) and metallics.

I struggled a little bit with this challenge and so decided to fall back on the inspiration from the catalogue, I can't show you which image I CASE'd because it is part of the new Sale-A-Bration catalogue and we aren't allowed to show the images yet.  

I used one of the new stamp sets "Incredible Like You" which has some lovely floral images and sentiments.  It seemed the perfect way to use the colours for this challenge while still leaving some nice white space on the card.  A little tip for lining up the ribbon behind the image ... I decided on the length of the ribbon and using washi tape adhered it to a piece of cardstock off-cut.  I could then position on the card just where I wanted it, playing with the look of it on the horizontal and diagonal then adding the sentiment over the top with Dimensionals. 

I hope you are inspired to join in with this challenge, as I mentioned at the start of my post you have three weeks to complete this one, so grab your inks and papers then post a picture of your project to the CI Facebook Page.

Time to hop on over and see what the talented Lou has created with the colours.

Happy Stamping
Monique

2 comments:

  1. Pretty I’m so glad we are friends too! This is super gorgeous Mon xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh this is so pretty. And this stamp set looks so sweet in these colours too. Thank you for the tip for the ribbon - that's so clever.

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments, thanks for taking the time to write them.