Sunday, December 2, 2018

ESAD Holiday Catalogue Blog Hop


Welcome to another ESAD Blog Hop, for this one we are showcasing some quick and easy tags, cards and packaging using the amazing products in the Holiday Catalogue.

I wanted to try and stick with the #simplestamping theme, using just a few products to make some great projects, and I chose the Sincerely Santa stamp set and have used it in a few different ways on my projects. I never seem to have enough tags at Christmas so decided to feature them in my projects today. 

This one came about sort of by accident when I had stamped a card with the main sentiment then as I was having a clumsy day I knocked over another inked stamp and it landed on the edge of my tag!  Devastation right? Instead of throwing away the tag I decided to see what it would look like if I continued the partial stamping around the edge stamping off a couple of times and sort of rocking the stamp so the images were imperfect.  Turns out I loved the effect and decided to make a few more.

Here is part of the set I made, playing around with the colours.  The base of these cards is made from one of the Narrow Note Cards & Envelopes cards cut in half.  I don't yet have a plan for the envelopes but I am sure it is not going to be long before I find a use for them. 

Now these are my favourite tags to make in a hurry.  Here's how to make 10 easy tags from one piece of A4:
  • Add a 1/2" strip of DSP or Washi Tape along both long sides of an A4 piece of cardstock
  • Cut the A4 down the centre at 10.5cm so each side has the DSP strip.
  • Cut each side at 2" (or 5.2cm)
  • Punch the end without the DSP using the Tag Topper Punch
  • Decorate as desired
For these ones I just stamped in Merry Merlot and Grey Granite then used an aqua painter to add the background squiggle. 

I decided to step up the tags by using coloured cardstock as the base, popping up the sentiment with Dimensionals, to adding some ribbon and twine. These use a few extra products and take just a little bit longer (but not much).

Time to hop on over to see what the lovely and talented Jo has created for the challenge.


Happy Stamping
Monique

11 comments:

  1. Your happy accident tags are my favourite

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your beautiful mistake Monique! And the rest of your work is lovely too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great tags!! Love it when they are easy

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the little tags you have made, a really good idea to put the DSP / washi on first before cutting. Thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a happy accident with the first cards - it’s a great effect. I love the tags and your tip to make many at once is brilliant, I’ll definitely be giving that a go. Thanks for sharing it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great tags Monique and great tip with the Washi Tape

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great tags, Monique. Haha - I love the way your mishap with the inked stamp turned out - it's amazing how innovation can come from a need to cover up lol 😊

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love it when mistakes make beautiful creations like these.
    Cheers Shaz

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love your projects and your happy accident. They look amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fab tags Monique. Love how fabulously you turned an accident into a wonderful design detail. x

    ReplyDelete
  11. love all these projects Moni .. no mistakes in crafting ;)

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments, thanks for taking the time to write them.