Wednesday, December 26, 2018

CI #48 - Beachy Bliss

Before we kick off with the challenge this week, let me take a moment to wish you and yours a very Merry Christmas, and all the best for a peace-filled New Year. 

Welcome to another Colour INKspiration challenge, this one will run for three weeks, so you have time to be inspired by the gorgeous image and the Stampin' Up! colours we have matched to it.

This beautiful image has the colours: Tranquil Tide, Bermuda Bay, Calypso Coral, Blushing Bride and Whisper White. You can also add any of the basic colours and metallics. 

I have to admit, this is another colour combo that had me scratching my head for a while.  Then I realised that it was really just two colours in different shades (from a very simplistic view point) and I knew it would be great to use my new Incredible Like You stamp set coming in the new Occasions Catalogue.

I decided to use the foil edged cards for this card, because I think I had mentally put them in the "Christmas" category, but realised they are going to be great all year round. I just love this new stamp set, it has 2-step stamping with "distinctive" stamped images. I like that the little stems also have two types of flowers you can add, here I have used the little ones similar to the main flower image.  The card was looking a little plain, so I added some gold splatter with my Antique Gold Shimmer Paint flicked at the card front.

I hope you are inspired to join in with this challenge, just grab your inks and papers then post a picture of your project to the CI Facebook Page.

Time to hop on over and see what the lovely Simone has created with the colours.

Happy Stamping
Monique

1 comment:

  1. This is absolutely gorgeous Monique. And I love the little speckles of gold shimmer paint - it finishes it off perfectly.

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments, thanks for taking the time to write them.