Wednesday, December 12, 2018

CI #47 - Non-Traditional Christmas

Welcome to another Colour INKspiration challenge, where we take inspiration from the Stampin' Up! colours in a lovely photograph as the basis to our projects. You have probably hopped on over from our Guest Designer Cathy Pinchbeck.

This beautiful image has the colours: Shaded Spruce, Blueberry Bushel, Crumb Cake and Powder Pink.  As usual you can also add any of the basic colours (black, white and vanilla) and metallics.


My project for this challenge took a little bit in the creation, I played around with the idea of using a few different sets then settled on Rooted in Nature with the lovely little tree image.  I started stamping it on Whisper White but that was a bit stark so I grabbed my crumb cake and did some stamping off with the double and single tree stamps. It still didn't look like much so I added some sponging along the "ground" and "sky" with two of the challenge colours. Layering it on a piece of Powder Pink was my sneaky way of adding that colour when I was having a little struggle with it!

I hope you are inspired to join in with this challenge, just grab your inks and papers then post a picture of your project to the CI Facebook Page.

Time to hop on over and see what the lovely Rachel has created with the colours.

Happy Stamping
Monique

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments, thanks for taking the time to write them.