Sunday, December 9, 2018

CTC #270 - Anything But A Card

Welcome to another week at CASEing the Catty Sunday Blog Hop, where we take a look at one of the sections of a current Stampin' Up! catalogue and use the projects within it to inspire our own creations.

This week we are taking our inspiration from anything but a card from either of the two current catalogues!  Flicking through them both I realised that there are a lot less home decor and 3D items than I remember from previous catalogues, but there are still some great ones to CASE!

I was inspired by this image from page 97 of the Annual Catalogue, I think it caught my eye because I have been thinking about baking for Christmas and I haven't used my Apron of Love stamp set in ages.

I had to feature the Joyous Noel DSP of course, yes I still have some left!  The striped pattern seemed perfect for an apron and I originally used the dies from the coordinating framelits for the pocket, but wasn't sure how to add a sentiment. Then it struck me that one of the tags in the Tags and Tidings stamp would be perfect for a pocket with the sentiment and cute little tree right there on it!  I hand cut and added a layer of white as a border, then popped in some of the cooking tools I'll be using to make my sugar cookies.  I thought I would give them a more realistic look by cutting them from the Woodgrain DSP then adding foil or plain card to them as required.  

I hope you are inspired to join in the challenge this week, just use the samples in the All Is Bright section of the catalogue to inspire your creativity, then post a picture of your project to the CTC Facebook page.

Time to hop on over and see what Julia has created this week.

Happy Stamping
Monique

3 comments:

  1. that's jsut darling- and perfect for baking. Fabulous CASE Monique

    ReplyDelete
  2. Monique, this is too cute. I love the striped DSP you've used for the apron and the utensils in Wood Textures DSP look fantastic

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is such a cute project, Monique. Looks fabulous in the Joyous Noel DSP and perfect for Christmas treats.

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments, thanks for taking the time to write them.