Sunday, June 7, 2020

CTC #271 - Week 2 - New Catalogue

Welcome to another week at CASEing the Catty Sunday Blog Hop, where utilise the projects within the current Stampin' Up! catalogue to inspire our own projects each week. We also invite you to join with us in the challenge each week by using this inspiration in your own creations and uploading a photo to our Facebook page.

This week we are taking our inspiration from the new Annual Catalogue, now that the catalogue is "live" we can now post pictures of some of the amazing projects within its' pages. What an exciting challenge week this will be! I love a new catalogue and always find that the design team members will have picked a project I haven't noticed before, its a fun way of exploring the new catalogue.

I didn't get far into the catalogue before this card on page 5 caught my eye. I think it is because the Forever Fern is one of the first stamp sets I have bought from the new catty and I just love all of the layers it allows you to easily add to a card.

I kept the layout and elements very similar to the original but made a couple of changes to my version.  Firstly I used DSP from Flowers for Every Season DSP and used copper instead of grey for the fern, I love how this gives the card a bit more lift.  Now I realise that since finishing this card I have used a retired ribbon, but it did go so prettily with the card I decided to just leave it as it is.   Instead of the curled corners, I was a bit worried how they would hold up over time so I just did some paper tearing instead.  I finished off the sentiment panel with some of those cute little enamelled dots that you would have seen on my projects a fair bit lately.

I hope you are inspired to join in the challenge this week, just use the samples anywhere in the 2020 to 2021 Annual Catalogue to inspire your creativity, then post a picture of your project to the CTC Facebook page.

Time to hop on over and see what Sandra has created this week.

Happy Stamping
Monique

5 comments:

  1. The flowers paper goes brilliantly with the fernery dies!! Awesome. Love the foil extra too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The copper does lift the card and the torn corners is a great alternative to the curled corners.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the torn corners Monique, can hardly wait to receive this stamp set.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is such a pretty CASE, Monique! The torn edges look great, and the ribbon is perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The copper looks so good with Just Jade. Love all your pretty layers here and I admire your bravery in tearing the card - as much as I admire how it looks, I just can't bring myself to do it!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments, thanks for taking the time to write them.