Sunday, June 28, 2020

CTC #274 - CASE The Masculine Projects

Welcome to another week at CASEing the Catty Sunday Blog Hop, where utilise the projects within the current Stampin' Up! catalogue to inspire our own projects each week. We also invite you to join with us in the challenge each week by using this inspiration in your own creations and uploading a photo to our Facebook page.

This week we are taking our inspiration from the masculine cards in the Annual Catalogue. You can choose any of the masculine themed cards and use it to create your own version, or use an aspect of it in your project for the challenge. 

I was inspired by this image from page 95 of the catalogue, I was taken with the idea of an acetate card and wanted to give it a go.

I swear this card started out being more masculine!  But over the course of the creative process I just went with what I felt was right.  I do love how many of our stamp sets are great to use together, here I have paired Forever fern with Rooted in Nature. I stamped the trees in the background in VersaMark ink and love how it gives a subtle tone on tone softer look.  I added a larger piece of DSP and kept it right to the bottom of the front panel so that the message inside the card could be written and be covered by it more easily.  I originally stamped the sentiment on Whisper White, but felt it was a bit stark so repeated the process on Sahara Sand to match the background. 

I hope you are inspired to join in the challenge this week, just use the Masculine samples in the Annual Catalogue to inspire your creativity, then post a picture of your project to the CTC Facebook page.

Time to hop on over and see what Rebecca has created this week.

Happy Stamping
Monique

4 comments:

  1. Great CASE Monique, I love the Versamark trees as a background. I hadn’t noticed this was an acetate card in the catalogue.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The acetate card looks great. Great idea to extend the DSP to the bottom too cover any handwritten message inside.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the way your card turned out, Monique, great idea to use acetate.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooh, this is so cool! I love the trees in the background, they look fabulous.

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments, thanks for taking the time to write them.