Sunday, February 7, 2021

CTC #304 - CASE the Love You Always Suite

Welcome to another week at CASEing the Catty Sunday Blog Hop, where utilise the projects within the current Stampin' Up! catalogue to inspire our own projects each week. We also invite you to join with us in the challenge each week by using this inspiration in your own creations and uploading a photo to our Facebook page.

This week we are taking our inspiration from the Love You Always Suite on pages 10 to 13 of the Jan to Jun Mini Catalogue. This suite has a mix of stunning black and white products and luxurious metallic ribbon as well as printed and plain Foil Sheets, used separately or together these is a divine suite full of inspiration. 

I was inspired by this image from page 13, I liked the simplicity of the layout and wanted to see the possibilities when other DSP and colours were used. 

Here is my version, using a combination of the SAB Flower & Field DSP and Flowers for Every Season DSP from the Annual Catalogue.  I did some additional sponging on some of the layers to take away the stark whiteness in the papers, and because this felt a bit more masculine I decided to leave off the twine bow.   I didn't have any of the black pearls so used some of the ones from the Halloween suite from the Holiday mini, choosing the ones with the blueish tinge to them. I also used black glimmer paper for the Love to give it a bit more sparkle.  I had my husband in mind when I made this and will give him this card for Valentine's Day ... shhh, don't tell him!

I decided to use a strip of the DSP and the large Always stamp on the inside of the card. I don't always decorate the inside, but I do think it makes the overall card feel much more finished. 

I hope you are inspired to join in the challenge this week, just use the samples on pages 10 to 13 to inspire your creativity, then post a picture of your project to the CTC Facebook page.

Time to hop on over and see what Sandra has created this week.

Happy Stamping
Monique

2 comments:

  1. What a great card for your husband! Love all the blues and the sponging really makes it very special! Love the inside as well as the outside!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the blue and black colour combo. Great card.

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments, thanks for taking the time to write them.