Sunday, May 16, 2021

CTC #318 - CASE A Die Bundle From The Mini Catty

Welcome to another week at CASEing the Catty Sunday Blog Hop, where utilise the projects within the current Stampin' Up! catalogue to inspire our own projects each week. We also invite you to join with us in the challenge each week by using this inspiration in your own creations and uploading a photo to our Facebook page.

This week we are taking our inspiration from the Die Bundles in the Jan to June Mini Catalogue.  With a new Annual Catalogue it is easy to forget that there are still another couple of months before the Mini Catalogue finishes.
 
For this challenge I chose the purple card on the right of the above image from page 77 of the Jan - Jun Mini.  I love purple but was also drawn to this card because I haven't used my Art Gallery Bundle very much so it needed an inking up, also I love the colour purple. 

Even loving purple, I wanted to mix it up and make it less of a monochromatic card than the original, or shades of purple with a tiny splash of green.  I chose a piece of DSP from my new favourite Hand-Penned DSP pack, which has a lovely polka dot pattern. I wanted to add some ink to the background so the flowers stood out a little bit more so pulled an open ink pad down a few times which keeps to a mottled look. The two colours I have used are Pale Papaya and Granny Apple Green, I think these are such fresh colours and they look great together. If you look closely you will see that I have also added three little gems form the Genial Gems from the new Annual Catalogue, I love these as they have glitter in the gems and they are faceted and such soft colours so add a bit of bling without it being distracting. 

I hope you are inspired to join in the challenge this week, just use any of the samples in the new Annual Catalogue to inspire your creativity, then post a picture of your project to the CTC Facebook page.

Time to hop on over and see what Sandra has created this week.

Happy Stamping
Monique

4 comments:

  1. Snap! How funny that we both CASEd the same card, and both used Pale Papaya! I love your version, especially how you've inked up the DSP to give a strong background to the flowers. Gorgeous card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I love love love the open inkpad trick down the side!! What a brilliant idea!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So pretty!! I love those colours together.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great use of the DSP to replicate the background and the ink down the side does make the flowers stand out more.

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments, thanks for taking the time to write them.