Sunday, May 30, 2021

CTC #320 - CASE An Occasions Project

Welcome to another week at CASEing the Catty Sunday Blog Hop, where utilise the projects within the current Stampin' Up! catalogue to inspire our own projects each week. We also invite you to join with us in the challenge each week by using this inspiration in your own creations and uploading a photo to our Facebook page.

This week we are taking our inspiration from the projects in the Occasions Section of the Annual Catalogue, pages 10 - 59.

I was inspired by this image from page 48 of the catalogue. The Bamboo Beauty stamp set is on my wish list so I think that is what first caught my eye. I was also drawn to this image be because I loved the soft colours and then I noticed the technique of making the background piece and knew I had to give it a go. 

I love how this technique turned out and might be using it again in the future to add colours to a background! I just swiped the brush end of my blends across a piece of vellum, working out from the darkest to the lightest green (Evening Evergreen and Soft Succulent) and then lightest to darkest Pale Papaya.  My recommendation would be to use a piece of vellum slightly larger than you need so you can trim the edges, and also secure it to a piece of scrap paper so you can run the colour off the vellum for a nicer edge finish.

I decided that even though I like the soft colours of the original I thought mine looked better with an Evening Evergreen base. This meant layering the vellum piece onto a piece of Basic White so the colours weren't muted by the dark background. 

I hope you are inspired to join in the challenge this week, just use any of the samples in the new Annual Catalogue to inspire your creativity, then post a picture of your project to the CTC Facebook page.

Time to hop on over and see what Lauren has created this week.

Happy Stamping
Monique

4 comments:

  1. I love the effect on the background. The Evening Evergreen also makes the succulents really stand out. Great card

    ReplyDelete
  2. Holy moly, that background is soooo cool! I had skipped right over it, but I think I will be trying it ASAP! It looks wonderful framed by the darker green, and suits the beautifully coloured succulents perfectly.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Brilliant blends background and colouring!! Love this!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow that background is amazing!! I'll have to give that technique a try.

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments, thanks for taking the time to write them.