Sunday, June 6, 2021

CTC #321 - CASE A Layout and Give It A Masculine Twist

Welcome to another week at CASEing the Catty Sunday Blog Hop, where utilise the projects within the current Stampin' Up! catalogue to inspire our own projects each week. We also invite you to join with us in the challenge each week by using this inspiration in your own creations and uploading a photo to our Facebook page.

This week we are taking a Jan to Jun Catty project and giving it a masculine twist. How fun is that?
 
I was inspired by this image from the bundles section in the back of the catalogue, page 76. This section can sometimes be overlooked but there are some really lovely sample projects and Stampin' Up! make the projects in this section to be different colours than in the main pages of the catalogue so that you can see the bundle in action with a different look. 

I haven't yet really had a good play with my Whiskey Business stamp set and thought it would be a good place to start for a masculine card.  I coloured this with Watercolor Pencils as I had difficulty getting the look I wanted with Blends. I am really happy with the colouring on this one.  I did struggle to work out what to do on the background, so decided to replicate the technique I used last week in the challenge and use my blends on Vellum to create a colour coordinated background.  I love how this looks, and how easy it makes it to have a coordinating "DSP". 

I hope you are inspired to join in the challenge this week, just use any of the samples in the new Annual Catalogue to inspire your creativity, then post a picture of your project to the CTC Facebook page.

Time to hop on over and see what Rebecca has created this week.

Happy Stamping
Monique

3 comments:

  1. Oh the blends on vellum are stunning - they look fabulous in these colours too. What a great card.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a cool card! The background once again looks amazing, and the main panel is fabulous for a Whiskey-loving man.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow that background is stunning!! Such a great card.

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments, thanks for taking the time to write them.