Sunday, June 13, 2021

CTC #322 - CASE The Birthday Section

Welcome to another week at CASEing the Catty Sunday Blog Hop, where utilise the projects within the current Stampin' Up! catalogue to inspire our own projects each week. We also invite you to join with us in the challenge each week by using this inspiration in your own creations and uploading a photo to our Facebook page.

This week we are taking our inspiration from the birthday section of the Annual Catalogue, pages 60 to 67.
 
I was inspired  by the image  in the lower right of the above image from page 63 of the 2021 - 2022 Annual Catalogue. I like the simplicity of this one, it just lets the sentiment and DSP shine.

I have just purchased the Tidings of Christmas Suite and thought it would be a good layout to use for Christmas cards, partly because I like having a stash of Christmas cards that are easy to create but still look lovely.  I chose a Thick Basic White base, adding a 6.5 x 10.5cm piece of DSP then added the Evening Evergreen Chevron Weave Ribbon over the join and adding a bow. This ribbon is so lovely to work with as it is nice and soft and tying a bow is easy.   I did do the stamping before adhering the DSP just in case I messed up the stamping ... which I almost did! I used the Coordinating Tidings & Trimmings Stamp Set which has a mix of Christmas images as well as sentiments for the front and inside of your cards. You could also add some additional bling with Rhinestones to this card to step it up a little.  

I hope you are inspired to join in the challenge this week, just use any of the samples in the new Annual Catalogue to inspire your creativity, then post a picture of your project to the CTC Facebook page.

Time to hop on over and see what Judy has created this week.

Happy Stamping
Monique

4 comments:

  1. A simple, yet elegant Christmas card. This is perfect for bulk Christmas cards.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL, I can't believe that you're making Christmas cards already! You are super organised!! It's a fantastic card, a very elegant CASE.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the simplicity of your card and the way the paper really does all the hard work. Gorgeous font on the greeting along with the sublime ribbon detail.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is one of my go-to layouts, Monique and it always looks elegant. The DSP is very sweet. I can't quite bring myself to make a Christmas card yet, lol.

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments, thanks for taking the time to write them.