Sunday, March 13, 2022

CTC #360 - CASE A Masking Project

Welcome to another week at CASEing the Catty Sunday Blog Hop, where utilise the projects within the current Stampin' Up! catalogue to inspire our own projects each week. We also invite you to join with us in the challenge each week by using this inspiration in your own creations and uploading a photo to our Facebook page.

This week we are taking our inspiration from the projects in the catalogues that use the masking technique. This can be using them any way you like, in fact they don't even need to be masks that are for sale in the catalogue you might like to make your own, that's what I did for this challenge. 

I was inspired by this card on page 13 of the Jan to June catalogue. I liked how the little robots were highlighted with colour using the punch to create the mask.

I don't have the robot stamp set so I looked through my stash for a set with nice line drawn images and decided on Nothing's Better Than stamp set, I did keep with the Tailored Tag punch to make my mask and for the main sentiment.  I used three shades of blue/green and used the same colour to stamp the cup and again to sponge over the images using the mask.  My colours were Pool Party, Bermuda Bay and Balmy Blue. I finished off the card with some bling from the new Rhinestone Waves Basic Jewels. 

I hope you are inspired to join in the challenge this week, just use any of the samples in the new Annual Catalogue to inspire your creativity, then post a picture of your project to the CTC Facebook page.

Time to hop on over and see what Kathryn has created this week.

Happy Stamping
Monique

4 comments:

  1. Oh this is a great technique!! I love the colours you've chosen and thank you for showing off this great card - I love your version so much!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good choice of project Monique. Lovely colours and the background stamping ties it all together perfectly.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great job with casing a different type of masking. The sponged colour from the punched out shape really draws attention to the stamped image. It looks great.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the coffee stamp set for your card! What a great way to showcase a different masking technique.

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments, thanks for taking the time to write them.