Thursday, June 9, 2022

SSC #284 - Split in Two Sketch Challenge

I have been wanting to spend a bit more time creating lately and so have turned to some of the challenge blogs that I follow to look for inspiration.  

The Sunday Stamps sketch challenge caught my eye as it is a really interesting way to use and layer DSP.

I decided to use the Textured Chic DSP and one of the leaves from Splendid Thoughts, a stamp set sneak peek from the upcoming July-December Mini Stampin' Up! Catalogue. I stamped the leaves onto vellum and coloured the back side of the vellum with Stampin Blends. The leaves in the front were stamped onto Basic White and raised on Dimensionals. 

Here is a close up of the main panel.  I used some of the new Distressed Gold Specialty Paper and also used my blends to colour it to give it an aged and tarnished look.  You can also see here the Stitched Greenery Die that I used on the background, I love how this gives some subtle detail to the background without being too distracting.

Happy Stamping
Monique

4 comments:

  1. Oh wow, Monique, I love the look of your layers and colors here! Beautiful choices! Those back-colored vellum stems are amazing! Perfect soft addition... Thanks so much for playing at Sunday Stamps!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Monique, this is gorgeous! I love the embossed background and the beautiful greenery! The vellum is such a fabulous idea! SO happy you joined us at Sunday Stamps!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your card is so pretty Monique, love the combination of colours and stamped image

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fun use of vellum! I love the use of the new Splendid bundle. Thanks for joining Sunday Stamps.

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments, thanks for taking the time to write them.