Sunday, October 2, 2022

CTC #389 - CASE An Annual Catalogue Bundle

Welcome to another week at CASEing the Catty Sunday Blog Hop, where utilise the projects within the current Stampin' Up! catalogues to inspire our own projects each week. We also invite you to join with us in the challenge each week by using this inspiration in your own creations and uploading a photo to our Facebook page.

This week we are taking our inspiration from the Bundles in the Annual Catalogue, you can find these at the back of the catalogue. 

I was inspired by this image from page 161, in fact it is the first of the bundles listed in this section. This card caught my eye because I really don't like the colour combination and it got me thinking that the layout was nice, and that I would see what it could look like using different products.

I have been in the swing of making Christmas cards recently, working on the theory that if I make them early enough I might actually send them in time!  The Boughs of Holly DSP was a great option for this card as it allowed me to use complementary and contrasting strips and background as well as fussy cut the poinsettias from one of the sheets to use instead of the butterflies. I popped one of the flowers up on Dimensionals and added Bronze Brushed Metallic Dots to the centres of the poinsettias for some subtle texture.  I also flicked some Wink of Stella onto the front of the card before adhering the flowers but as usual the photograph just doesn't pick this up. 

I am glad that I wasn't put off by the original card, as this is a great layout to use up those thin scraps you might have, and doesn't really need a lot in the way of supplies. You could use die cuts or stamped images if you don't like fussy cutting of course!

I hope you are inspired to join in the challenge this week, just use any of the samples from the Bundles in the Annual Catalogue to inspire your creativity, then post a picture of your project to the CTC Facebook page.

Time to hop on over and see what Sandra has created this week.

Happy Stamping
Monique

3 comments:

  1. Absolutely love your version of this card, Monique. Great CASE.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a great layout to use for a Christmas card, and the poinsettias look fabulous as a feature element over the top of the DSP stripes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your Christmas take on this card. The poinsettias look great.

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments, thanks for taking the time to write them.