Sunday, October 9, 2022

CTC #390 - Case the colours of Santa Express DSP

Welcome to another week at CASEing the Catty Sunday Blog Hop, where utilise the projects within the current Stampin' Up! catalogue to inspire our own projects each week. We also invite you to join with us in the challenge each week by using this inspiration in your own creations and uploading a photo to our Facebook page.

This week we are taking our inspiration from the colours in the Santa Express DSP. These are Poppy Parade, Petal Pink, Granny Apple Green, Evening Evergreen, Shaded Spruce and Mint Macaron. 

I wasn't sure what to do with these colours, but then it occurred to me that I have always wanted to try this stamped one sheet wonder technique. I have seen a few versions of this lately and thought these colours would suit it very well, having so many greens. Monica Formosa's creation for Colour Inkspiration Challenge was the first one I saw that really popped out.  I started by drawing feint lines on the A4 cardstock and then stamping my flowers first then filling in with greenery. It was missing something so I added some blended colour to darken up some areas. From this sheet I then made 4 standard sized cards, 3 mini cards, and 2 gift tags (not included due to being incomplete!). I wanted to make each of them a little different to show the versatility and appeal to different tastes. 

The three gift cards above turned out really well, I tried a petal pink background on one of them, but decided I liked the Granny Apple Green border much better. 

This is the first of the standard sized cards, this one featuring the lovely Evening Evergreen Ribbon.

This one I kept fairly simple as it had a lot of the stamped images, just adding some bling and the sentiment. 

My third standard card I chose to do a circle instead of the square for the sentiment and added different ribbon. I did think about adding some rhinestones as well, but decided against it. 

On this final card I added some rhinestones coloured with one of my Stampin Blends to coordinate, I think it was the Evening Evergreen.

I hope you are inspired to join in the challenge this week, just use the colours of the Santa Express DSP in your creation, then post a picture of your project to the CTC Facebook page.

Time to hop on over and see what the lovely Judy has created this week.

Happy Stamping
Monique

1 comment:

I love reading your comments, thanks for taking the time to write them.