Sunday, October 30, 2022

CTC393– Case a Blending Brush Technique

Welcome to another week at CASEing the Catty Sunday Blog Hop, where utilise the projects within the current Stampin' Up! catalogue to inspire our own projects each week. We also invite you to join with us in the challenge each week by using this inspiration in your own creations and uploading a photo to our Facebook page.

This week we are taking our inspiration from techniques using Blending Brushes! You can pick a project from either of the catalogues so flick through them and see what catches your eye.

I was inspired by this technique from page 66 of the Mini Catalogue, I like the way you can mask off an area of the card and choose exactly where you want your ink to go. 

I wanted to keep the overall card simple so that the technique was the star of the show.  Because I don't trust myself to cut an accurate square I used one of the stitched square dies from Stylish Shapes Dies.  What I didn't realise when making this choice was that my blending would actually go through the small perforations and create a stitched border around the square!  How cool is that.   

The other thing that happened by accident on this card was that when I stamped the leave in Early Espresso it was taking ages to dry, so I decided to add some clear embossing powder so I wouldn't smudge it. To my horror of course the powder stuck to the sponged square!  When I looked closer I could see that there was more embossing powder at the bottom where there was more ink, and so when I heated it, I ended up with an ombre shine over the square which added subtle texture that I really liked. No mistakes, just creative opportunities.

With the choice of sentiment I decided to add a stamped insert into my card.  I did think about adding some colour to the leaves, but decided it makes a nice accent just as it is. 

I hope you are inspired to join in the challenge this week, post a picture of your project to the CTC Facebook page.

Time to hop on over and see what Rachel has created this week.

Happy Stamping
Monique

1 comment:

  1. The happy accidents you had turned out really well Monique. I especially like the little holes showing. I like your choice of image to stamp as well.

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments, thanks for taking the time to write them.