Sunday, June 11, 2023

CTC #423 - CASE Fresh As A Daisy DSP

Welcome to another week at CASEing the Catty Sunday Blog Hop, where utilise the projects within the current Stampin' Up! catalogue to inspire our own projects each week. We also invite you to join with us in the challenge each week by using this inspiration in your own creations and uploading a photo to our Facebook page.

This week we are taking inspiration from the gorgeous Fresh As A Daisy DSP.  I wasn't immediately drawn to this DSP pack, but seeing it used in a few projects by other demonstrators made me change my mind.  

Here is the beautiful DSP with the main colours listed, the image taken from the on-line store.  The colours are Copper Clay, Wild Wheat, Pretty Peacock, Boho Blue, Moody Mauve and Pebble Path.

I managed to get all of the colours in my card except for Moody Mauve, I did try but it looked better without!  I went looking on Pinterest for a new technique to try and found the Floating Strips Technique which I thought would be fun to try.  It is really quite simple, just cut your DSP into strips, mine are 1/2" and adhere them to a piece of Window Sheet.  I used 1/8" strips of cardstock to ensure there was even spacing between the strips, but that is optional (unless you really appreciate even spaces lol).  Then I cut the piece of Window Sheet using my Deckled Rectangles dies and adhered to the card using Dimensionals to raise it  up off the card front.  I found the background DSP using Wild Wheat was a bit dark and heavy for the look of my card, so instead I made my own patterned cardstock by dragging the Wild Wheat ink pad across Basic White cardstock.  If you drag quickly you get very feint colour, if you slow down the colour intensifies, I purposefully varied the speed to get a more uneven finish.

I hope you are inspired to join in the challenge this week, just use the colours of the Fresh As A Daisy DSP to inspire your creativity, then post a picture of your project to the CTC Facebook page.

Time to hop on over and see what Michelle has created this week.

Happy Stamping
Monique

1 comment:

  1. Love the softer ‘dragged’ background you’ve created, Monique. It’s very pretty against the Boho Blue and daisies.

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments, thanks for taking the time to write them.