
Welcome to another week at CASEing the Catty Sunday Blog Hop, where utilise the projects within the current Stampin' Up! catalogue to inspire our own projects each week. We also invite you to join with us in the challenge each week by using this inspiration in your own creations and uploading a photo to our Facebook page.

This week we are taking inspiration from the projects showcasing the September Online Exclusives, you can find them in the online store by following the "Shop by release" option, or following the link on the sidebar of this blog.
I was inspired by this card from the Thanks & Giving stamp set from the September release. I liked the layout using a main panel and die cut or ephemera images.

My card took a bit of a journey in its creation, as I was initially thinking I would use my Graceful Evergreen Deer stamp set. But in deciding on the layout I changed the orientation to landscape and used the Pretty Poinsettia Bundle for the images and sentiment. One thing I have learned recently is that adding some blending behind your main image can make it pop, so I added Shaded Spruce behind the main panel and think it works well. I also wanted to tie in the All Wrapped Up DSP a bit better as it doesn't have Shaded Spruce as one of the included colours.

I also wanted the small poinsettias on the panel to not extend over the printed border, so used a mask to protect the edge and was really happy with this effect, I think it gives the panel more depth.
I hope you are inspired to join in the challenge this week, just use the sample projects for the September Online Exclusives to inspire your creativity, then post a picture of your project to the CTC Facebook page.
Time to hop on over and see what Judy has created this week.
Happy Stamping
Monique
Monique



No comments:
Post a Comment
I love reading your comments, thanks for taking the time to write them.