Welcome to another week at CASEing the Catty Sunday Blog Hop, where utilise the projects within the current Stampin' Up! catalogue to inspire our own projects each week. We also invite you to join with us in the challenge each week by using this inspiration in your own creations and uploading a photo to our
Facebook page.
This week we are taking inspiration from the scrapbook layouts in the catalogue.
I was inspired by this card from page 29 of the catalogue. It appealed because it was a double page spread with a good number of photographs. This allowed me to document my husband's recent birthday that had two parts, firstly a trip to Floriade followed by High Tea at a nearby venue.

I have to report that this page took me a day to complete, that is how rusty I am at scrapping! I have made two pages earlier in the year, but they just had one photo per page which I think was a bit easier. I am happy with how this spread came together, I wanted to capture the vibe of Floriade by incorporating the floral die cuts on both pages. The DSP is from Floral Charm pack which to be honest I thought had retired, but happy to discover it is still available.
I liked decided the Extraordinary Life dies would be great to add some elements to the page without detracting too much. I love the large & die and it was the perfect addition to tie in the two aspects of this birthday celebration. The little hexagonal die cuts were a last minute addition and helped tie in the hexagonal die cuts on the following page. This page documents the first part of our outing, the trip to Floriade to see the gorgeous spring blooms, we had a lovely time and the flowers were perfect with most of the blooms open. Given we have had some cold days recently it was lovely to have a warm sunny day. The picture of Gav and I will go into a flip flap and applied the the page protector once the page is installed in my album, this allows me to show off more images of the stunning flowers.
The second page captures the delightful High Tea we had at The Marion, it was a table service event and we were given the savoury course with a glass of bubbles and then the sweet course with a pot of tea. We had a stunning view over Lake Burley Griffin with the Captain Cook Memorial Jet just outside our window. In trying to capture the savoury course and fountain in the same photo the items on the table were burred and quite dark. My solution for this was to add a different photo showing what was on our savoury plate right over the top of the large picture. I know I should have hand written my journaling, and I often do, but I wanted to fill this space so typed it up on the computer and printed it out so it would better fit. Even though both pages have a similar layout and use the same DSP and cardstock, I think the little hexagons with the florals helps link these two pages together.
I hope you are inspired to join in the challenge this week, just use any of the scrapbook projects to inspire your creativity, then post a picture of your project to the
CTC Facebook page. While I have chosen to create a scrapbook page, you don't have to, rather you could use the project to inspire a card or 3D item too.
Time to hop on over and see what
Rebecca has created this week.
Happy Stamping
Monique
No comments:
Post a Comment
I love reading your comments, thanks for taking the time to write them.