Friday, August 1, 2014

CASE-ing the Catty #3 - Birthday

Can you believe another week has gone by?  Well it has, and it's time for another CASE-ing the Catty challenge.  This week we are taking inspiration from the Birthday section of the Stampin' Up Annual Catalogue, in the South Pacific region that is pages 42 to 59.  So have a look over the catalogue and take inspiration from any of the projects on those pages and come join in at CASE-ing The Catty blog.

I was inspired by the cute little bag on page 52 of the catalogue, I loved its cute simplicity and the lovely little tag.  Of course a gift bag is nothing without a matching card and envelope and I was inspired by the birthday note cards on page 50, then decorated an envelope to match!

Now for each of the elements individually.  The gift bag was made from one of the cute little Polka Dot bags. Like last time I used these little bags I folded the top over, this time I wanted it to be more like a stand up bag so inserted some card stock in each side and added handles made from the very cute Sweet Sadie Washi Tape.  I added the Washi Tape to the tag base then used my Stampin' Write Markers to colour the Happy Birthday stamp from Amazing Birthday to match.

I used the Age Awareness happy birthday for the card, I just love this stamp and it is the reason I bought this set!  As I already had Amazing Birthday I added some extra embellishments to the card and envelope.

Finally here is a quick look at the back of the envelope, I had stamped the "surprise" when I was deciding how to decorate the front of the card, and it seemed perfect to add as a "seal" on the back of the envelope.  

I hope I have inspired you to check out the Birthday section of the catalogue and to join in with this week's Birthday theme.  It is easy - just browse the birthday section, find a project that inspires you and get creating. You can make a copy of a project, or just take a colour theme or stamp as your inspiration!

Happy Stamping
Monique

4 comments:

  1. OMG - your bag is genius! Especially with the washi tape handles! VERY cool.
    Beautiful card too! I love those big sentiments! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous set you've made Monique. Love the colours you chose and especially like the Amazing Birthday additions to your card.

    ReplyDelete
  3. These projects are beyond amazing. Love the colours and use of stamps on the card and tag - gorgeous set.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the whole project you made for CTC! The bag is adorable!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments, thanks for taking the time to write them.