Sunday, May 12, 2019

CTC #228 - Favourite Retiring Stamp Set

Welcome to another week at CASEing the Catty Sunday Blog Hop, where we take a look at one of the sections of a current Stampin' Up! catalogue and use the projects within it to inspire our own creations.

This week we are taking our inspiration from the retiring stamp sets in either the Annual or Occasions catalogue.


I am taking my inspiration from this card on page 38 of the Occasions Catalogue, it is made with the Needlepoint Nook Suite. I really liked this suite but realise that as the catalogue comes to a close I didn't use it nearly as much as I thought I would. One of my favourite pieces of this suite is the Framelit that makes the beautifully stitched image you can see on the Crushed Curry panel on this card. 

As usual I kept my card similar to the original as I really wanted to use the stitched background but decided the Share What You Love DSP would make the perfect background. It keeps with the floral theme but also lets me use another of my favourite retiring products, this paper is just gorgeous and is something that I have used a lot, great for 3D items too because it is a little more robust than normal DSP.

I hope you are inspired to join in the challenge this week, just use the samples from one of the retiring stamp sets to inspire your creativity, then post a picture of your project to the CTC Facebook page.

Time to hop on over and see what Tina has created this week.

Happy Stamping
Monique

7 comments:

  1. Love love love this stitched die and you're right that it goes beautifully with this stunning DSP. Gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it - great choice of stamp set. That stitched die is so beautiful

    ReplyDelete
  3. Michelle Strazds7:15 PM, May 12, 2019

    Beautiful card. The stitched background looks great and I love the colour combo you have used

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so sad this set is retiring. I love it in the different colours and dsp.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great CASE, Monique. Love your version, with the pretty DSP and softer embossed panel.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh I'm going to miss this stitched die Monique. It works perfectly with this DSP.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love how you've repeated the stitched embossing on the background panel - so pretty. I love this suite and this DSP and you've combined them so nicely.

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments, thanks for taking the time to write them.