Friday, May 10, 2019

Memories & More - Storage Solution

I wanted to do a quick post today to share how I am storing my Memories & More card packs, as I thought others might find it useful. While it isn't a new thing to use one of the Full Wide Stamp Cases to store M&M kits, I don't like the way they all flop around inside, so I decided to work on a solution.

I decided to make little pockets out of Thick Whisper White cardstock that let me slip the cards inside, it keeps the little 3" x 4" cards in two sets on the left, and the 6" x 4" cards in one set on the right.  I then discovered that when I closed up the case the little cards on the top would just fall out!

My solution?  This little folded piece of Thick Whisper White that slides in under the cards and fills the gap between the two sets of cards to stop them moving around! In this image you can see it partly slid out, it is easy to remove and comes right out of the case.

This image shows the way the card cases are scored and cut: score on the lines then cut out the two corners. Then fold on the score lines to make a box with an open back that you can adhere to the inside of the Full Wide Case.

Here are the measurements:

Large Cards

  • Cut 1 out of Thick Whisper White ...  6-1/8" x 5-1/8"
  • Position the longest side to the top of the score board and score at 5/8" and 1" on each side.
  • Score again along one of the other sides 
  • Fold, cut and adhere to the inside of the case

Small Cards

  • Cut 2 out of Thick Whisper White ...  5-3/8" x 2-1/2"
  • Position the longest side to the top of the score board and score at 1/4" and 1/2" on each side.
  • Score again along one of the other sides 
  • Fold, cut and adhere to the inside of the case, one against the top edge and one against the bottom.
Slide
  • Cut 1 out of Thick Whisper White ... 4-1/4" x 5"
  • Position the shortest side to the top of the score board and score at 1-1/4"; 1-5/8"; 2-5/8"; and 3"
  • Fold into shape and slide under each set of the small cards to hold in place.
I haven't yet decorated mine, as I want to make more cards!  Hope this has been helpful, let me know how you go. 

Happy Stamping
Monique

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments, thanks for taking the time to write them.