Tuesday, May 14, 2019

Kelly's Stamping Friends Birthday Blog Hop

Welcome to my post for Kelly's Stamping Friends Birthday Blog Hop, to celebrate the lovely Kelly's birthday by sharing some of our creativity.

I wanted to share a card I made with the beautiful new Perennial Essence DSP and stamp set that is coming in the new Annual Catalogue. I just adore this DSP as it has these beautiful impressionistic floral images on every sheet and if you look closely you can see the brush-strokes the artist used to create them. 

Because the paper is just so lovely, I didn't want to add a whole lot of additional detail, so instead kept it fairly simple with the sentiment and some flowers fussy cut from the Floral Essence stamp set.  The ribbon is also from the new catalogue, Organdy Striped Ribbon in Petal Pink, and I used my heat tool to make the ribbon crinkle. I really like this effect, but you do need to be careful not to melt it too much!

Happy Birthday Kelly, I hope you like your card :)

Time to hop on over and see what the lovely Leonie has created for Kelly's Birthday Blog Hop.

Happy Stamping
Monique

16 comments:

  1. This is a beautiful card, Monique - so soft and almost whimsical. It was love at first sight for me when I saw this DSP at OnStage!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty card Monique. I love this DSP 😍

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow - beautiful! I didn’t know about heating the ribbon, definitely have to try it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This DSP is gorgeous. I love how you let it shine keeping the other elements smaller

    ReplyDelete
  5. So pretty Monique! The fussy cut flowers match the DSP so well...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful card Monique, I love this DSP

    ReplyDelete
  7. A gorgeous card Monique! Beautiful, soft colours and a fabulous way to showcase the DSP and the ribbon! Thanks for sharing! Rochelle xo

    ReplyDelete
  8. So pretty Mon - how amazing is that ribbon! And you know I love DSP!!! Beautiful! Thanks for being part of my birthday celebrations! Kelly x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Perfect, Monique - this DSP is so beautiful it really doesn't need much additional embellishment. I never knew about making the ribbon crinkle like that - cool technique, thanks for sharing that one.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great card Mon, the dsp is definitely the star but I do love the crinkled ribbon! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. love this card - that paper is stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  12. So pretty Monique! Your softly coloured flower posy compliments the paper so beautifully! I love your idea of heating the ribbon too - will have to try that! Thanks for sharing :-)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oooh this DSP is soooo beautiful. Love the crickley ribbon. Thankyou for the tip about heating it! Gorgeous card.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love the softness of this card, how beautiful is this DSP. Fabulous tip on crinkling the ribbon. Thanks for sharing, Mandy x

    ReplyDelete
  15. that paper is divine! Can understand not wanting to cover it up lol. Gorgeous Card Mon

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh lovely! Way to let that fab DSP shine! x

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments, thanks for taking the time to write them.