Sunday, May 26, 2019

CTC #230 - Retiring Big Shot Project

Welcome to another week at CASEing the Catty Sunday Blog Hop, where we take a look at one of the sections of a current Stampin' Up! catalogue and use the projects within it to inspire our own creations.

This week we are taking our inspiration from the projects in either catalogue that showcase one of the retiring Big Shot items.

I was inspired by the card on the top left of this image from page 108 of the Annual Catalogue.  While I never bought the Best Birds or Birds & Blooms Thinlits I was really drawn to this card.

My challenge was to try and replicate the card using products from the new Annual Catalogue.  While Best Birds never tempted me the Bird Ballad suite in the new catalogue was one of the first things on my wish list.  Here I have used the main bird image and chopped off the birds to leave just the branch behind. The little bird feet just look like rings on the branch's surface!  I then fussy cut the bigger bird image and coloured with Blends,including where the branch would be and add it to the card with Dimensionals. 

I am so happy with how this card turned out and just love the colours in the Bird Ballad DSP and how many colours it coordinates with, making it so versatile. I used the Well Said bundle for the sentiment, layering the "birthday" onto Basic Black to add some depth and make it stand out just a little. 

I hope you are inspired to join in the challenge this week, just use the samples featuring retiring Big Shot products to inspire your creativity, then post a picture of your project to the CTC Facebook page.


Time to hop on over and see what Shannon has created this week.

Happy Stamping
Monique

7 comments:

  1. Oh I love this card! You’ve done a great job CASEing a card that has retiring products and recreating it with new products from the upcoming catalogue. Very clever!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have done a great job of recreating this card with new products. I never bought the old bird suite either although I borrowed it from a friend and really enjoyed using it. I'm looking forward to what opportunities there will be with the new products.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the change up from old to new Mon! I'm with you, the retiring birds didn't interest me but the new ones are so cute! Kelly x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a pretty card (love the new birds and DSP too). I really like the way you've CASED this with new goodies.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your colouring. And how fun to case from the old catalogue using products from the new catalogue! Gorgeous colours.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Monique, this is such a sweet card. Love your fussy cutting and colouring.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh this is so lovely!! I love the new bird bundle too.

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments, thanks for taking the time to write them.