Sunday, May 10, 2020

CTC #269 - Favourite Retiring Bundle - Week 2

Welcome to another week at CASEing the Catty Sunday Blog Hop, where utilise the projects within the current Stampin' Up! catalogue to inspire our own projects each week. We also invite you to join with us in the challenge each week by using this inspiration in your own creations and uploading a photo to our Facebook page.

This week we are taking our inspiration from the retiring bundles in both catalogues. I was inspired for this week's project by the Peaceful Moments Bundle from the Occasions Catalogue.  

In particular it was this little gift back that caught my eye, I love the simplicity of the design and used it as the starting point for my project this week. You can find it on page 27 of the Occasions Catalogue.

I decided to make a card instead of a gift bag and used a layer of the coordinating DSP which is sadly one of the lovely products which is retiring. I love the water colour feel to this DSP and will very much miss its rich colours. I did want to mute them a little so the large poppy stood out, so like my inspiration project I added a layer of vellum keeping it slightly smaller than the DSP layer to create a border.  The inside of the poppy was coloured by sponging Blackberry Bliss onto Whisper White and then cutting it out with the dies and layering the Blackberry Bliss layer over the top. I love the centre of this flower and the texture that the two layers of die cuts and Perennial Essence Floral Centre creates. 

I hope you are inspired to join in the challenge this week, just use the retiring bundles to inspire your creativity, then post a picture of your project to the CTC Facebook page.

Time to hop on over and see what Judy has created this week.

Happy Stamping
Monique

5 comments:

  1. Great card Monique, I love this bundle - a definite favourite.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how you added the vellum layer so that the poppy stood out more. Lovely card.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great focal poppy Monique. You won't be the only one to miss this DSP. Lovely card

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great case Monique, I love the sponging on the poppy and the layered leaves look fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful card, Monique. Love the softness of the sponged colour on the flower.

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments, thanks for taking the time to write them.