Sunday, May 24, 2020

CTC #270 - Favourite Retiring Punch or Die - Wk 2

Welcome to another week at CASEing the Catty Sunday Blog Hop, where utilise the projects within the current Stampin' Up! catalogue to inspire our own projects each week. We also invite you to join with us in the challenge each week by using this inspiration in your own creations and uploading a photo to our Facebook page.

This week we are taking our inspiration from the projects using retiring punches and die from either the Annual or Occasions Catalogues.

I was inspired by the card on the right in this image from page 116 of the Annual Catalogue. I loved the shape of this butterfly when it was released and will be so sad to see it retire, although I have to admit that this one will stay in my collection for some time.

I decided to make my card in keeping with the original colour scheme, just changing out the DSP to use Perennial Essence another absolute faviourite of mine from this catalogue, I can't believe its been almost a year since it was released! The sentiment is stamped in Pretty Peacock

Once I had made my card I was really curious as to how it would look using a different colour scheme, so I chose another sheet from the same DSP pack and paired it with Balmy Blue. I love how the deep purples look behind the front panel and actually think I like this one better than the first. What do you think? Let me know in the comments. 

I hope you are inspired to join in the challenge this week, just use the samples featuring retiring punches or dies to inspire your creativity, then post a picture of your project to the CTC Facebook page.

Time to hop on over and see what Julia has created this week.

Happy Stamping
Monique

3 comments:

  1. Both the cards are just gorgeous - I think I like the blue just a smidge more!! Totally wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These look great with the DSP showing through the butterfly.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Two beautiful cards Monique, the Perennial Essence DSP is perfect for this layout.

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments, thanks for taking the time to write them.