Sunday, September 20, 2020

CTC #286 - CASE an Annual Catalogue Project With a Mini Twist

Welcome to another week at CASEing the Catty Sunday Blog Hop, where utilise the projects within the current Stampin' Up! catalogue to inspire our own projects each week. We also invite you to join with us in the challenge each week by using this inspiration in your own creations and uploading a photo to our Facebook page.

This week we are taking our inspiration from any project in the Annual Catalogue but giving it a Mini Catalogue Twist ... how fun is that!

I was inspired by this cute little gift bag from page 67.  I have a bit of a funny story about this card but I will get to that after I have shown you what I was inspired to create. 

I decided to create a 3D project based on the general layout of the original, and couldn't help but use the Heart-warming Hugs DSP which you might have also seen on last week's project.  I really love these traditional Christmas Colours. The tag is from the same product suite's stamp set Wrapped In Christmas and tied up with Real Red Braided Linen Trim. 

Now onto my funny story ...

We had a  previous challenge where we were CASING the Ornate Garden Suite I think, and I created this project based on the same catalogue inspiration, but it was before the catalogue was released and we only had a few images from this suite available. When I went to create my blog post I could not find the original image anywhere so had to pull out of the challenge.  I am so glad that I get to show you the project now instead.  This one was of course made with the Peaceful Poppies products.  Now you might be wondering why I haven't added some tissue paper to my project for this week, well you will have to wait until next week's challenge to see why.

I hope you are inspired to join in the challenge this week, just use any of the images from the Annual Catalogue as the base for your inspiration and then put a twist on it from the Mini Catalogue. Once you have created your project post a picture of it to the CTC Facebook page.

Time to hop on over and see what Judy has created this week.

Happy Stamping
Monique

3 comments:

  1. Oh that dsp is lovely isn't it! Such a cute bag!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Both gift bags are beautiful. I’m glad you were finally able to share your original one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Both of your gift bags are just wonderful! The Heart-warming Hugs DSP was a fabulous choice. I have to laugh, because I've commented on your two posts back to front, so I know the secret of what goes in the box!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments, thanks for taking the time to write them.