Sunday, January 10, 2021

CTC #300 - CASE The Mini Catalogue

Welcome to another week at CASEing the Catty Sunday Blog Hop, where utilise the projects within the current Stampin' Up! catalogue to inspire our own projects each week. We also invite you to join with us in the challenge each week by using this inspiration in your own creations and uploading a photo to our Facebook page.

This week we are taking our inspiration from any of the projects in the newly released January to June 2021 Mini Catalogue, I think I am just going to call this the JJ Mini because that is some title!  I love getting a new catalogue, and not just to pour over all of the new exciting products, but also to see the wonderful projects the creative people at the home office have produced for us.  I love seeing new colour combinations, layouts and take a lot of inspiration from these projects, and this catalogue does not disappoint. There are a lot of soft colours and pretty designs, but also some bolder ones as well, and for this challenge you can choose any of the projects to inspire your own creation.

I didn't have to go far to find this lovely card on page 3.  The thing that stood out to me the most with this card was how the DSP was used, taking three very different patterns from a DSP pack and using them together as the background. 

Because I haven't used as much of the Forever Greenery DSP I thought this would be a good opportunity to dust it off and use it for this project.  I have used a Soft Sea Foam card base and layered Pretty Peacock which is a bit different to the original but I wanted to wrap my ribbon around that layer and find that the DSP isn't sturdy enough for my liking. I also really like how this frames the DSP against the soft base. Adding a pop of metallic with Copper Foil and Champagne Rhinestones gave the project a bit of a lift I think. Then it was just a matter of layering stamped and die cut leaves from Forever Fern Bundle until I was happy with the layout. 

I hope you are inspired to join in the challenge this week, just use the samples in the JJ Mini to inspire your creativity, then post a picture of your project to the CTC Facebook page.

Time to hop on over and see what Julia has created this week.

Happy Stamping
Monique

4 comments:

  1. Clever clever way to show off DSP - thankyou for highlighting this great technique in the catalogue!! I am always amazed by the amazing creativity of this team and the challenge!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh, so pretty, Monique! I love the addition of the extra layer, it really makes the DSP pop. The layers of leaves are perfection.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous card Monique, I love the pop of Copper Foil and the ribbon you’ve used works perfectly.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love how the extra layer makes the dsp stand out. Great card to showcase the dsp.

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments, thanks for taking the time to write them.