Sunday, January 24, 2021

CTC #302 - CASE A Floral Project

Welcome to another week at CASEing the Catty Sunday Blog Hop, where utilise the projects within the current Stampin' Up! catalogue to inspire our own projects each week. We also invite you to join with us in the challenge each week by using this inspiration in your own creations and uploading a photo to our Facebook page.

This week we are taking our inspiration from floral projects from either catalogue, so there is no lack of projects to inspire you as we have so many different styles of florals from line art to water colour. I can't wait to see what has inspired everyone this challenge.

I was really drawn to this project from page 63 of the Mini Catalogue, I love the black and white with just a splash of colour.  I also think it is really funny when I see flowers in shades of blue.  When we were preparing for our wedding my parents asked my then fiancĂ© what colours he would like the bridesmaids to be and he replied "blue" to which I responded I can't have blue because there are no blue flowers!  From their telling of the tale there was a wall of blue flowers behind me at the time, to this day I still hold that they were not actually blue but looked blue-ish because of the coloured lighting.  Either way ever since, about 33 years since we had that discussion, every time anyone sees a blue flower they make a point of showing me. My mum even cut out newspaper clippings when she saw one about the development of a blue rose.

My Project for this challenge has kept reasonably similar in layout to the original but I have used True Love DSP and fussy cut one of the gorgeous floral images. I love this paper as it is all black and white and so is easy to add your own colour to coordinate with any project.  The sentiment is from Happiest of Birthdays, which I have to say is one of my favourite birthday sentiment sets ever, I love the variety of sizes and fonts in this one, and it also has one that is for belated birthdays!

Its a bit hard to see in the full picture of the card but I added some splatter using my aqua painter and some Pool Party ink. The Champagne Rhinestone Basic Jewels also add some bling, I just love using these so much. 

I hope you are inspired to join in the challenge this week, just use the floral samples in either catalogue to inspire your creativity, then post a picture of your project to the CTC Facebook page.

Time to hop on over and see what Rachel has created this week.

Happy Stamping
Monique

6 comments:

  1. lol, I looooove the back story to the blue flowers!!! And your blue flower is just gorgeous - I think it's a step up from the original. Love the extra splatter and the gold bling. It's all just wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely card Monique, I love the blue flower and the splattered background works perfectly.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your card is wonderful! The colours are very pretty. I had to laugh at your blue flower story, I was only reading on the weekend about how important blue flowers are to bees, and we all know how important bees are to our ecosystem.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The black and white with the splash of blue/green is lovely. Love the story about the blue flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh your card is so much nicer than the original!! So pretty!!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments, thanks for taking the time to write them.