Sunday, October 31, 2021

CTC #342 - CASE A Favourite Mini Catalogue Project

Welcome to another week at CASEing the Catty Sunday Blog Hop, where utilise the projects within the current Stampin' Up! catalogue to inspire our own projects each week. We also invite you to join with us in the challenge each week by using this inspiration in your own creations and uploading a photo to our Facebook page.

This week we are taking our inspiration from one of our favourite Mini Catalogue projects, I say "one of" as there are too many lovely projects to choose just one as a favourite!
 

I was inspired by the card on the bottom right of this image from page 18. I love the use of vellum and the various ways you can use it to add layers to a card.  I also thought this layout would be great to use with my favourite Tidings of Christmas DSP. 

For my CASE I decided to add two layers of vellum, because two layers are better than one! I used the lovely Soft Succulent In-Colour Shimmer Vellum on the bottom layer and regular vellum on top. It is so hard to photograph the beautiful shimmer to the vellum. I have kept loosely to the layout of this card, but used a larger sentiment and added the leaves and berries to the top rather than the bottom of the sentiment panel.

I love the Label Me Lovely Punch, but it is a smidge small for this sentiment.  I have found that by adding another punch layer to the sides it makes the punch out seem more elongated and with the coordinating colour it distracts from the little parts of the font that are clipped off the edge. 

I hope you are inspired to join in the challenge this week, just use any of the samples in the new Annual Catalogue to inspire your creativity, then post a picture of your project to the CTC Facebook page.

Time to hop on over and see what Rebecca has created this week.

Happy Stamping
Monique

3 comments:

  1. Stunning card. Love the colours and all of the elements you’ve used.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a great layout, Monique. I love this DSP too and the red stripe adds a nice pop.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The double layer of vellum is fabulous!! AND the double layer of the sentiment is another brilliant idea. Love this.

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments, thanks for taking the time to write them.